Is Hot Wheels® Rift Rally a video game?
- Hot Wheels® Rift Rally is a digital game that pairs with a physical Chameleon RC car and physical Rift Gates. This creates a unique mixed reality gameplay experience where the physical Chameleon transforms in the game into a variety of vehicles, and races on a track marked by the Rift Gates.
What regions is Hot Wheels® Rift Rally available in?
- The game software is currently only available for download in North America, and the game hardware is only certified for use in the United States.
How do I pair the Chameleon with my device?
- You will pair the Chameleon in the game's first tutorial using the Connection Wizard. The Connection Wizard is available in the top-right corner of the main menu. Pair using a Wi-Fi network or by making a direct connection to your device. Follow the on-screen prompts for step-by-step instructions.
How do I charge the Chameleon?
- Simply plug one end of the included USB-C charging cable into the Chameleon's charge port located on its side, and the other into a compatible charging device, such as a wall outlet charger or a game console.
How long does the Chameleon's battery last on a full charge?
- The Chameleon has an average battery life of two hours of continuous driving on a full charge.
Can I drive my Chameleon outdoors?
- The Chameleon can drive on a variety of indoor and outdoor surfaces. Before play, ensure the driving area is free of debris that could damage the Chameleon.
What can I use to build a track?
- Anything you can imagine can become a track component or obstacle in your race course! As long as the Chameleon is in range of your Wi-Fi signal or direct connection, you can incorporate as much or as little as you'd like to take your custom track to the next level.
What activities can I do with the Chameleon?
- Hot Wheels® Rift Rally has dozens of activities to do in Challenges. Check out the Campaign for the objective-driven goals, from stunt challenges to races to wrecking snowmen and dodging ancient monsters. Or, enjoy Stunt Mode to freely explore your world without rules. And of course, there's lots of fun to be had in building and customizing tracks that no one else in the world will have!
What control options exist for Hot Wheels® Rift Rally on iOS?
- On iOS, there are multiple options for controls: you can use touch controls, tilt controls, or even connect a Bluetooth controller to your iOS device for play.
Do I need an Internet connection to play Hot Wheels® Rift Rally?
- The Chameleon can connect and be played in one of two ways: through a Wi-Fi connection, or by a direct connection to your PlayStation or iOS device. Using a direct connection tethers the range of your Chameleon based on your device's range and allows you to play without a connection to the Internet.
Where can I buy this game?
- This game is available for purchase on Amazon, on the RiftRally.com website, and in GameStop stores.
Do I have to complete races to unlock new cars?
- Races are just one way to earn the Data Bits that will unlock new programs for the Chameleon. All activities will generate rewards that will help you customize your game. You can also unlock content by driving freestyle in Stunt Mode.
How does co-op play work?
- Co-op play is available on the PlayStation version of Hot Wheels® Rift Rally. All players pick their car and enter an activity. During the activity, a countdown warning will sound and the Chameleon will morph into another player's car, giving them control! Can you work together to become the ultimate driving team?
How do I race other Chameleons?
- Start a multiplayer game from the main menu, and you can enjoy head-to-head racing with other local players who own a Chameleon and a copy of Hot Wheels® Rift Rally.
Is there online play in Hot Wheels® Rift Rally?
- Hot Wheels® Rift Rally only allows for multiplayer gameplay with others on the same network as you. Although there is no remote online play, players that share a local connection can race together!
What are the best ways to win a race?
- Drafting and drifting are your best friends, because they both fill up your Rift Energy, which powers your boosts. Each car has its own special ability you can use to outplay your opponents. If you're having difficulty, you may also try building a new track layout that better suits your driving style.
What are special abilities?
- Each car has a special ability to give them an edge during races. These abilities range from a Tidal Wave that washes enemies away while pushing you along, to a Flame Trail that burns your pursuers' vehicles and slows them down. Keep unlocking Mystery Programs and try to find all 8 special abilities!