We have added the ability to change your bandwidth within the game. So, if you experience some internet connection issues, we recommend looking over these settings and adjusting them accordingly.
Important things to know:
- This only works on Wi-Fi and not direct connect.
- Your Wi-Fi router has to offer both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.
- 2.4ghz is a less quality signal but for longer ranges; 5ghz is a better-quality signal but shorter range so use the appropriate one based on your set up.
- Router SSID and Password must be the same; This will allow the game to seamlessly transition between the two based on the setting selected.
- You will have to rescan your chameleon for the change to take place.
Looking to change your setting? Follow the steps below!
- Navigate to the advance settings menu tab.
Check the box allowing you to change the selection of bandwidth.
- Select the appropriate one for your situation.
A pop up with appear asking if you want to apply the change or not. Clicking “No” will keep the previous setting.
After selecting “Yes” you will see the setting change to the selection you made. You will now need to navigate to the connection wizard on the home page and go through the Wi-fi connection set up. All router info will still be set, and you won’t have to change anything. Just scan your chameleon again.
- Once scanned you will see the chameleon information change to the GHz setting you just selected.
If it did not, then revisit the important things to know section above so ensure this feature is available for you.